"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Friday, July 29, 2011

My Arm

I had my arm worked on today. At the beginning I could feel everything they were doing. I could even feel the warm blood running down my arm. I was so uncomfortable. But when I started flapping my other arm, they got the idea. It wasn't long before they gave me a sedative and I guess I fell asleep. I say, "I guess" because I can never remeber what happens after they give me that medicine.

I rememeber getting in the wheel chair after I was done. Then I remember asking for some crackers. I remember eating my crackers, drinking a Capri Sun and then getting dressed. They walked me out to Jason and he walked me to the car. I called my mom, I'm told, but I don't remember that converstaion.

We had lunch, well I had breakfast, and then picked up my pain meds. I asked for something besides vicodin because it always makes me hyper and keeps me awake. I know, it's weird cause it's supposed to knock you out. I'm not sure what this new medicine is called, but I was able to come home and take a nap.

Even after having the angipolasy today, they can still use my arm at dialysis tomorrow.

Wine Tasting

My friend from high school had a brother who once had a liver transplant. I think I talked about him last year around this time. Her family is having a fundraiser for the Life Center who helped her family during his transplant. Last year they sent us a check to help us...we couldn't believe it. And this year, they are doing it again. The party is on Saturday. We get to go this year, so that's fun! I can't drink much wine, but it will be nice to see all of the people who are willing to help us out.

Still waiting...

1 comment: