"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dialysis Day 12

Surgery was a piece of cake! My arm looks terrible, a little scary for Alli, but it feels fine. The only issue we had was the time of the surgery. I was supposed to go in at 2:00 and didn't go in until 4:30. So, it was a later night than I thought. I couldn't eat until it was all over, so Dad brought me to Arby's afterwards and I ate like a champ!

Every time the phone rings there's more to worry about.

When I was in the pre-surgery room getting dressed my OB called. I tested positive for two antibodies that they check for in women with Sjogren's. It's okay for me, but may lead to a problem with the baby. The problem is a heart block which is an issue with the heart's electrical system. It controls the rhythm and rate of the heart. So, I have another weekly appointment to attend. This one's at Children's hospital and all they will be doing is monitoring the baby's heart beat. They will be able to tell if her heart is trending toward the heart block. It's not a big deal, but it just adds to stress of doctors appointments. Two weeks in and I'm already tired of seeing new doctors.

Yesterday after dialysis I accidentally got on a different elevator...and ended up right by my car in the parking lot! It was a miracle! I'm excited to have found a short cut.

Not alot going on today. Jason rented a movie for me to watch, "It's Complicated." Maybe I'll write a review on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment