"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, May 24, 2010

Dialysis Day 8

Is it really possible to feel this good?

I'm still having a hard time believing that I felt so bad before. I feel like I could climb a mountain! Of course, there's no reason to think the rest of my life is going to be a walk in the park. I'm here 5 days a week until the baby is born and then 3 days a week after that until I get a transplant. But today has been a really good day for me!

Doctor came in to dialysis around 2:00. He was in a good mood! He was singing a song that he swears is from South Pacific. I sang a medley from South Pacific in high school and have the memory of an elephant and I had no idea what he was singing.

Good news! My blood levels are looking good and I get to stop taking one of my medications. My phosphorus levels are low which means I can stop taking the binder and can drink more milk and eat more cheese! These levels are monitored daily, so if they fluctuate I'll be back on the meds and watching my diet again soon.

When I was hospitalized he was worried about the amount of acid in my blood. But today...today he used the word "normal" do describe the acid. I couldn't tell you the last time a doctor used the word "normal" to describe me!

Another bright spot: There is no reason that I can't go on vacation! The hospital is going to work on setting up my dialysis while we're in Florida. He did say that were are kind of doing this at the last minute and if they can't get me in 4 or 5 days then it's not worth the trip. I know every one's already praying for us, but an extra prayer about our trip to Sarasota would be greatly appreciated! We could use a vacation.

Nothing too exciting going on here in dialysis today. Only three other people in the POD with me. Two are sleeping and one is trying to figure out what happened on Lost last night. I suppose that might take her 4 hours to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment