"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, May 31, 2010

Dialysis Day 13

Memorial Day.

Bridget sent me the name of an organization called LifeCenter. It's mission is "To save, enhance and change lives through organ and tissue donation." They seem like a great organization and were able to help Bridget's family when her brother received a liver transplant several years ago. Go to www.lifepassiton.org and read up.

Feeling pretty good today...a little loopy cause I told a Vicodin to help with the pain from the surgery. It hurts more today than it did the day it was done. I guess that's normal. I walked around St. Dominic's festival all afternoon yesterday with my arm hanging down at my side, so that couldn't have helped. The dressing comes off today. I'm sure it'll look nasty for a while.

The strangest part of the surgery is that you can feel my blood "whooshing" through my vein on my arm. Most people think it's gross, but Alli thinks it's cool! She asked, "Can I feel it any time I want?" My response: "Sure, weird-o." And every once in a while she just comes over to feel my arm. She's Jason's kid when she does weird stuff like this.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I figured out how to make a comment!... I don't think the "feeling your blood whoosh through your veins part" is from Jason... wouldn't he pass out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's definitly not from me....I haven't wanted to feel the wooshing since it started on friday!

    ReplyDelete