"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Things Couldn't Be Better"

Once the doctor finally showed up on Friday it was a good appointment.

My white blood count is down which means we are no longer worried about an infection...yay! My red blood count is up, so I should start feeling like I have more energy soon. My blood pressure was good, lower than I'm used to, but good. My creatinine level is 1.0. This is the big test that tells us if the kidney is working. Normal is between 0.5 and 1.2, so it's really good! Potassium and calcium are good. Phosphorus is still low (who would've thunk it).

My appointment was so good that he considered having me NOT come back in on Monday. Maybe we'll be down to two days a week soon! But I have other appointments on Monday, so I would be there anyway.

I get a bone density scan at 8:30 on Monday. I've been on a steroid for so long that he wants to check my bones out for osteoporosis. Then I see the kidney doctors like usual. And finally I see the urologist at noon to talk about getting rid of the stint that I have connecting my kidney to my bladder.

Church

I went to church last week. I sat in the back, didn't shake hands and wore a mask. I got up and showered today to go again, but it wasn't meant to be. Every time I stood up I felt my blood pressure drop. I was fine sitting down, and would have been fine once I made it to church. But I had to get there and get to the back. I decided to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment