"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Amazing!

I grew up with a girl whose brother had a liver transplant several years ago. Their family was helped out by an organization call The Life Center. Scott passed away about a year ago and the family decided to do a fund raiser this summer in his honor. I was shocked yesterday when I found a card in the mail that included a check for $1,000. We are so grateful. Since Jason is student teaching we'll be able to use this money to make a mortgage payment.

I don't think I realized how many special relationships I've made in my life. It really is sad that it took all this for me to see it.

Last Tests

I had my last test for my transplant work-up yesterday. There were two skin tests and several tubes of blood were drawn. I also got a flu and pneumonia vaccine. The blood work will take three weeks and then we will meet with the surgeon. If I don't have a donor by then, then they will place me on the donor list.

In then beginning I was really nervous about having a transplant. Now I'm just anxious to get it done. I had a dream last night that I had it done and it went well. I remember hearing "we have pee!" Apparently that's a good thing to hear when you're on the table.

I can't wait until "we have pee."

No comments:

Post a Comment