"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cardiology Update

I saw the cardiologist again yesterday. It's the first time since Anna was born. Not to scare anyone, but in August the words "congestive heart failure" were used. I know. But things are looking much better now. There is a certain flow rate that is normal between 50 and 55%. In August mine was 38% and now it's 44%. It's improving. And the doctor said if we can get my blood pressure down then it will get even better. So we're raising my dose of blood pressure medicine. And she says that if my kidneys were okay then my heart would be fine. So if I get a kidney then it'll get better.

Anna's Eyes

Tomorrow we get Anna's eyes checked again. I hated it last time. They'll dilate her eyes and then use the metal wires to hold them open to examine them. She screamed and I wanted to cry. Anna's more alert now so it might be worse this time. We'll see.

Pumpkins

I have dialysis on Saturday and Jason has CPR training, but after that we're going to get pumpkins for the family. We love going to Turpin Farms. Alli's really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment