"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Appointments


We have had no appointments this week...and it has been amazing! I've been able to get Alli to school on Monday and Wednesday (and Friday, too) and come home to work around the house. Last night, that included plumbing as our kitchen faucet blew up. Have you ever had to do work under the kitchen sink? It's a tight squeeze...and very uncomfortable when water is dripping on your head! I did all of the laundry yesterday, too. I was very productive. It's nice to be able to get things done.

It's still hard to get things done on dialysis days. I'm pretty run-down in the afternoon. Plus, I don't get home till nearly 1:30 and then I get Anna from my mom and pick up Alli from school. It's no wonder I don't feel like cooking on those days. I'm so lucky to have all of the gift cards from people at work. Again, I work with some amazing people!

I'm set to go back to work the week before Thanksgiving. I'll still need to miss a couple of mornings for dialysis. They are set for that. My principal keeps telling me to "take it easy" when I come back. We'll see.

Poor Claire

There's an old lady who is usually next to me each day. She's had two hip fractures and recently came down with pneumonia. The doctors suggested she take herself off of dialysis. They can't help her anymore. Hospice is involved. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment