"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, October 2, 2010

Yesterday Was Good

I brought Anna to Children's yesterday to get her eyes checked. The nurse put dilating drops in her eyes and then sent us out to the waiting room to wait for them to take affect. After about 30 minutes we returned to the room for the exam. The exam was heartbreaking. We swaddled her in a blanket and then the doctor used these medal wires to hold her eyelids open while he shined a bright light in them. Anna was a mess. She screamed as loud as I've ever heard her scream. She was as red as a lobster! The exam only lasted a minute, but I hated it! The results were good, though. Anna's retinas are slightly immature. This is kind of to be expected since she's not even supposed to be born yet. We go back to do it again in 3 weeks.

After the appointment, Anna and I went up to school to visit. It was great to see everyone and they were all so supportive. Some even asked how they can get tested to be donors. Since I haven't heard from anyone reading the blog about donating, it was great to hear. I'm going to send the paperwork to my principal since he was one person who asked how to be tested. Another teacher asked if she could send an email to the staff about becoming a donor. I feel a little guilty asking them myself, but I think I would like her to send it out. We'd be happy to find a living donor. Remember, living donors take better than cadaver donors. So I won't be on "a list" until we exhaust other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment