"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, September 11, 2010

Best Day Ever!

Alli watches a show called "Fineas and Ferb" and it has a great theme song. The chorus says, "This could possibly be the best day ever." I couldn't help but sing that song all day yesterday. It was one of the best days ever!

We got to bring Anna home! We went to the hospital around 1 pm and watched as they did her hearing test. She passed and we were set to go. They sent us with two cases of ready-to-use formula (Special Care) and it should last us a little over 12 days. Then we'll start her on a powdered formula that we can buy at any grocery store.

Within an hour of getting Anna home Alli had gathered the entire neighborhood to come see her on the porch. The little girls across the street were great. I let them touch Anna's feet since they were covered. One of the mom's took pictures of all of the neighborhood kids with Anna. I remember all of the pictures my mom took of the kids in our old neighborhood. I think my girls will get a kick out of them as they get older. They boys were talking about hanging on the the pictures just in case Anna becomes famous one day. She was the smartest baby in the NICU, so there is a chance that she'll be President one day.

Anna did great on her feedings yesterday. I was worried that the change of environment and new bottles would throw her off, but she was a champ. She woke up every three hours for her feedings. In between she just cooed, gurgled, and squawked. It made me laugh.

When we brought Alli home we kept her in our room for about 4 months. She slept in her pack and play. But since Anna's room is right next door to ours, we decided to try her in her bed from the beginning. We still needed the monitor because even Anna's loudest cries aren't loud enough to wake us.

I'm in dialysis right now, so Jason will have to bring Anna to her first pediatrician appointment this morning. He's nervous, but I think he just doesn't want to fill out paperwork. Dads.

"This could possibly be the best day ever. And the forcast says that tomorrow will likely be a million and six times better!" I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly... I am thrilled for you and Jason, Alli and Anna! Hallelujah!! Your excitement is contagious as I sit here with a huge smile on my face! This is wonderful news! I am so glad you are all home together! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked up Phineas and Ferb on youtube so I too could learn the song. What a fitting theme song for yesterday! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete