"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh, What a Weekend

I dialyzed on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Yikes! But on Friday my blood pressure was out of control...223 over something not good. So, the doctor on call decided to have me increase one of my meds. I was taking 1 pill twice a day. He wanted me to take 2 pills three times a day. Okay.

It worked, I guess. My pressure came down. It really came down. At one point it was 75/53. Not good. And if you've ever had your blood pressure drop like that, I'm sorry. It's the worst feeling in the world. I woke up at 4 am on Sunday sweating, freezing, cramping, achy...misserable. I took some ibuprofen, put on a sweatshirt, and Jason got me two extra blankets. It wasn't until I raised my feet that I felt the blood start rushing back to my heart and I felt better.

From then on I've been taking my blood pressure and medicating accordingly. It hasn't been that high, so I om only taking one of those pills 2 or 3 times a day. I'll be talking to a doctor today.

No comments:

Post a Comment