"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Protein Powder

My protein level is low and has been since I was pregnant. I don't eat enough meat and I'm not allowed to eat beans or nuts because of the phosphorus. So I bought some protein powder the other day. I can't have chocolate so I bought vanilla. It is TERRIBLE! I've been drinking it when I take my pills since I have to chug it anyway. Ugh. I'm going to try to mix it in a cold coffee drink. We'll see.

Still no word on a possible match. Should be hearing soon. And Tuesday I meet with the surgeon to officially get me on the cadaver list. It could take a while, like years, to get a call that they've found me a kidney. But, it could be quick too. You never know.

Can you imaging getting THAT phone call?

7 comments:

  1. Could you put it in a fruit smoothie (minus the banana?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jason mixes protein powder in a smoothie - he does add a banana & frozen strawberries. Hopefully there is some sort of fruit or yogurt or something you could mix in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine was saying on facebook several weeks ago that she LOVED some vanilla protein powder, I emailed her to ask her the brand and she said: "Beverly International. It's amazing. Like a dessert. I will pray for her."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um - sorry for so many posts. I hope you don't mind. My friend sent a follow up email: I will freeze fresh strawberries and blueberries (or use already frozen) and put those in it too. It's even more of a treat! You can put the powder in crepes too. It turns out so yummy. If you Google Beverly vanilla protein powder recipes, a ton will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind at all, Jen! I love getting responses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried quinoa? It is a grain that is a complete protein. Also don't know if you can eat yogurt but Greek yogurt has a ridiculous amount of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinoa is a whole grain, so I can't eat that. And no dairy, especially greek yogurt. I ate alot of it while I was pregnant, but too much phosphorus.

    ReplyDelete