"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, June 28, 2010

Dialysis Day 33

On a monitor today.

Twenty-four weeks once seemed like such a long way away. But it's here and today I'm on a fetal monitor. I'm sure the rest of the people in the Unit are really excited about it. The monitor is LOUD and she is moving all over the place! They can hardly keep track of her heart beat because she's moving all over the place. It's good news, though, that she's moving. I'm glad that nobody else is blogging about their time in dialysis. I'm sure they would have some nasty things to say about the noise I'm making today. Little do they know that it will continue for many more weeks!

The nurse is nice. She's letting me watch TV and type, so I don't have to keep talking to her. I hate talking to people I don't know.

We're gonna try to keep me pregnant as long as we can. I found out this weekend that baby can't go home until 34 weeks. I don't know what I'll do if she's born really early and I have to leave her here until 34 weeks. I already spend nearly 25 hours here at the hospital. I'm sure I'll start spending even more than that!

I was told that if my blood pressure drops below 100 that the nurses are to call the doctor immediately. Since it's been around 140 (which is high) since we started I don't think this will be an issue.

And the horror stories continue.

Okay, maybe not horror stories...
Apparently second born babies are crazy! Every time a nurse sees or hears how much my baby is moving the feel it necessary to tell me that their second born was INSANELY active. When I say active I guess I mean CRAZY. I was the second born and I wasn't ever crazy! Alli is so nice and calm. I'm not sure I'm ready for a crazy child.

Poor "Martha." She's asking for the Lord's help again. They had to explain the heart monitor to her. She was getting confused about the noise.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kel!

    EVERYONE told me how awful my second baby was going to be since Elena was so good! It drove me nuts! I was already freaking out about how hard it was going to be to have them so close! It was absolutely untrue! Antonio is soooo easy going! Elena was such an easy baby, but he is so much easier! I think she'll be great!

    I've been reading and praying for you daily.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete