"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dialysis Day 34

What a mess.

You should see me today. All these cords and wires. Today I have two dialysis tubes, two blood pressure cords, my headphones, my computer power cord, oxygen, and two monitors on my belly. I keep getting tangled up.

I'm getting some oxygen today. I had some trouble breathing last night. I had to sit straight up in order to breath deeply. They listened to my lungs this morning and said they didn't hear any congestion but not much air in my lower lobes either. I left a little heavy yesterday, so that might be the reason. I got a cramp in my back during my treatment which means they were taking off too much fluid. They gave me saline and the cramp felt better almost immediately. But extra fluid can cause breathing issues. Hopefully that's it and we can get it figured out today.

New nurse monitoring the baby today. She's talking to me even less than yesterday's nurse. Fine by me! She's pregnant, too. I used to think of pregnancy as being so benign. I didn't realize how many possible issues there are. People with uncomplicated pregnancies are very lucky.

Wiggle worm.

This child of mine won't sit still! We are having to chase her all over my belly. She went about 25 minutes without changing position too much. The other night I told Jason that every time she moved I was going to punch him in the stomach. He wasn't too happy when I really did it...over and over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment