"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lots of Labs

They just drew some labs on me again today. It looked like the normal amount. But the tech who drew them said she hasn't drawn this many labs in years. Really? I guess I'm still a special case. Who would have thought?

Snow Day

We did end up being cancelled on Tuesday. Jason lost his sub job that day. But we ended up ahead because I didn't have to take my half-day. I guess my half-day is worth more than his full day.

Jason's been working every day since he stopped student teaching. Thank goodness! We like having two incomes again. Now's the time for him to start looking for a job for next year. That would be another prayer answered. He probably won't be able to interview during the summer if we have the surgery, so the sooner the better.

TTS

Apparently the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday group is generally an odd group of people. A tech on Tuesday told me that they aren't all like me. She said that the MWF people are usually more interested in their care and have jobs. I always thought there was a pretty odd group here with me.

Forgot?

I think someone forgot her numbing cream this morning. We all have a prescription for cream to put on our arms so that when they stick us it doesn't hurt so bad. But this morning one of the patients was screaming when she was being stuck. Yikes! I'm glad they are still running me on my catheter. It's supposed to be dangerous to keep a catheter for this long. But I haven't had an infection, so they aren't really against keeping it until we have the surgery. I can't wait to get it out.

1 comment:

  1. I always knew you were SPECIAL.

    Thinking of you every day.

    Please call me if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete