"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Worries

Jason went to Christ yesterday to meet with the social worker. I was so nervous, and I think he was, too. But it went great! He said he "passed." He answered questions about his medical history, his family's medical history and our jobs and support system. He told her that almost all of our friends are teachers or stay at home moms, so we'll have a ton of support as we recover. We'll need help vacuuming and doing laundry. We won't be able to lift anything for a while. But we'll get through it with help.

The next step is a physical with a physician's assistant on Tuesday. Then he has to do a 24-hour urine collection on Super Bowl Sunday. Yes, he's allowed to drink beer, he just has to drink alot of water, too. He'll bring his sample to the hospital the next day and will have his EKG and an ultrasound. Then we set a date!

I'm still having a hard time believing this is really happening.

Now We're Cussing, Too

It's normal for the lady across the room to scream when they stick her. But today she must be in a particularly bad mood. Cause when they tried to stick her this morning she did more than just yell. She was cursing like a sailor. "I wish you'd stop this s**t," she yelled. "Stop, you MFer!" Yikes!

Lowering My Weight

If you've seen me lately you'd wonder what they are doing to me. Lowering my weight? I already look like a twig. But my blood pressure is still high and they think it's because I have too much fluid on. So they are bringing me down another kilo to 56.5 (about 124 pounds). I may shrivel away before we have the surgery! I meet with my cardiologist tomorrow, so maybe she'll adjust my meds so that I can keep some extra weight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment