"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Arm, Again!

Here we go. The doctor didn't know that I have a fistula. I guess I did a good job of hiding it...I hate getting stuck. But, he figured it out and now he wants to start using it again. Dang it! But he might need to send me to the Access Center again to have it cleaned up. I don't know why. It seems that every time they "balloon" it the pressure is still high the very next day.

Today I walked in and they had the needles ready to go. But I didn't put my numbing cream on this morning. I didn't want to sound like the lady across the way, so I talked them into using my catheter one more time. On Tuesday I'll put the cream on before I get here. But they tell me I should put it on about and hour before I get here. Problem is I only get up half an hour before I'm supposed to be here. Guess I need to start getting up earlier. Maybe I could sit and eat breakfast in the morning. Might be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment