"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Too Dry

I saw my cardiologist yesterday. Before I even walked in her office she said, "You're too skinny. Are you okay?" Finally! It's about time someone noticed. I told her that the doctors here want to keep lowering my dry weight because my blood pressure is high. She is worried that I'm so dry that my heart rate is elevated. She prescribed another blood pressure medicine and called the kidney doctors to yell at them for drying me out so much. She used the words "dry as a prune." Nice image.

I'm still on 17-gauge needles. But on Tuesday they will use 16- and next week 15-. As the needle gets bigger I will get a better treatment because the blood can flow faster. And once we get to the biggest needles they will take my catheter out. I can't wait! The other day Alli woke up and said, "Mama, I hope nobody else in our family needs to have tubes in them." Sick Mom. She also said that I have to go to the hospital alot. Sick Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment