"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We'll See

A 2-hour delay without a flake on the ground. Interesting. They say the snow is coming and will be falling around 9:00, when we should be coming in to school. I bet we'll be closed. We'll see. But if we're not, I should be able to get into school without needing a sub. That means I should be able to save my 1/2 sick day. That would be nice...especially since I just figured out how much money I lose when I take a 1/2 day off. I think I'd rather keep the delay because Jason has a sub job today. If we're closed he doesn't get paid. That would stink.

The radar looks like a scary blue blob is coming our way.

Insurance Issues

I'm not sure what's going on, but recently I've been having insurance issues. They say they aren't going to pay for our trip to Gatlinburg because it wasn't pre-approved. Who's fault is that? Can anyone say BRENDA? And I just got something in the mail saying they aren't going to pay for the labs that were drawn on my first day here at DaVita. That's another $2,300. I'm going to talk to the social worker here to see what she can do about fixing it for me. She seems to be a bit more competent than Brenda. We'll see after this one.

Puffy Eyes

I've been waking up with really puffy eyes lately. When all of this started I was waking up the same way. I just took some extra anti-inflammatory medicine and called it a day. Then I read that kidney failure can cause puffy eyes. Great.

I got an email from a friend whose step-dad got a kidney transplant and he said that the moment he woke up from the surgery the world was different, better. He felt great. Food tasted better. I'm hoping so much that this is true for me. She also said that her mom, who donated the kidney, felt terrible for 2 or 3 weeks. I don't want Jason to feel terrible, but it will only be for a short time. And I'll feel great for a long time! It's a trade off, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment