"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Possible Issue

Well, it couldn't be easy for us. Jason's physical was generally fine, but there was a possible issue. They found glucose in his urine. So that could mean one of two things: It could be no big deal, or it could mean he has diabetes. They say that a urine test for diabetes isn't a very good test, so on Monday he has to fast before going in for his other tests and they will draw some blood. Until then we just sit and worry about him. He has no other symptoms of diabetes.

And, yes, if he's diabetic it's a deal breaker. We start the search over again.

To The Doctor

My kidney doctor's office called this week to set up an appointment. No big deal, right? But his assistant said I need to come in TODAY. She said he's worried about my blood pressure...and probably about my weight, too. I'm worried now. So today I get off of dialysis, go to work for two classes and have a friend cover my 7th bell so I can get to his office by 2:45. Crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment