"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Retest

Jason made an appointment to see our family doctor on Tuesday morning. They told him to fast for 12 hours, but he doesn't have to do a 3-hour test this time. I suppose he may have to do another one of those if this test comes back positive. I'm relieved that he's going to get this figured out.

Moving Forward

Now that we're starting the donor search over, I'm going to talk to my doctor about home dialysis. If we do the one that I want to do, it would require another surgery to get a catheter placed in my abdomen. But then I could just hook up to a machine and dialyze while I sleep. I would do it every night, but at least I could lead a pretty normal daytime life.

Diet

If Jason really is diabetic then he'll need to change his diet. I've decided that if you take all of the things that I can eat and line them up next to all the things he can eat...you'll find very few matches. We may never eat a common meal again. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment