"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Very Nice

Ms. T is about 600 years old. But today she offered to help in any way we need when we have surgery. So nice. She won't stop talking to me today. She's half way across the room and doesn't talk that loud, so I'm just nodding and smiling. I hope she goes to sleep soon.

Latest Appointment

My appointment on Thursday was with my kidney doctor. He got a call from my cardiologist and that's why he wanted to see me right away. My blood pressure is out of control and it's putting a strain on my heart. So he decided to double one of my current medications and we have a plan if it doesn't improve in the next 10 days. We'll double it one more time and then we'll add another medication if that doesn't work in another 10 days. That would be my 4th blood pressure medication. Before May my blood pressure had always been normal to low. It's crazy what broken kidneys can do to your body.

Guest Speaker

One of the science teachers at school mentioned in passing that he'd like me to come talk to his classes when he teaches about kidneys. I have to find out what he wants me to talk about. Does he want me to tell my story or have a Power Point and "teach" about kidney function? Should be fun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment