"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yowzers!

I finally had my catheter removed yesterday. I had to take a day off of work, but I got to bring Alli to school and pick her up. I was told I could drive myself to the Access Center. They would not put me under, just numb the entrance site. I was so nervous. The catheter goes all of the way into my heart!

So, the doctor numbed it and the shots hurt. I didn't feel the actual removal of the catheter, but it had been in for so long that the tissue around it had attached itself directly to the catheter. So the doctor had to do alot of cutting and snipping. He said the site usually doesn't heal really nice. It's usually an ugly scar. But he said he'd do a bit of plastic surgery to "keep [me] looking pretty." They don't normally worry about it with their elderly patients.

But all the pulling and snipping left me in pain. I had a hard time sleeping because I couldn't get comfortable. Hopefully the pain won't last long. Tylenol is crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment