"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bigger Needles

Yep, we're using bigger needles today. I was afraid they would hurt, but I guess I did an okay job with my cream. Plus, the lady across the unit didn't show up today. So, no screaming. That's always nice. And since the needles are larger they can set my blood flow higher. That means my blood will get cleaner faster and maybe my time can get cut down. That would be amazing!

It's a good thing that at least one person didn't show up today. When I pulled in there was only one car here, so I knew they were short staffed. They took us in late because several techs said they couldn't make it in. I didn't think the roads were that bad, but school is on a 2-hour delay.

Physical

Jason gets a physical today. It's with a nurse practitioner at the Kidney and Hypertension Center. She happens to be my nephrologist's wife. Jason has never had a female doctor before, so he's a little nervous. But he'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment