"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bigger Needles

I came in early today because we have people coming over this afternoon. I'm surprised that they were able to put me on before my schedlued time. The nurse used a larger needle this morning. Our thought is that with a bigger needle we can run the blood flow faster and I won't have to run as long. But he had trouble with one of the needles, so I've got one in my arm and one catheter running. I told them not to bother digging around with the second needle. I'd rather get out as soon as I can.

Reflux

Anna's been throwing up alot so I brought her to the doctor yesterday. They checked her weight to make sure she's still gaining. And she is. She's 9 pounds 11 ounces! Still smaller than some babies I know when they were born. The doctor thinks its reflux. So she's starting a prescription for Zantac. It tastes terrible...yes I tasted it! It's pepperminty. Not really a flavor that a baby is used to. She has to take it three times a day. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment