"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, November 22, 2010

Busy Days

Today and tomorrow are conference days at school. But I was told by my principal that I didn't have to worry about conferences this year, so I have lots of things planned.

I have dialysis this morning. It's on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday this week because of Thanksgiving being on a Thursday. So, I'm going to go home and change my clothes before conferences. I'll get there a little late, but no worry. Conferences are until 8:00.

Jason and I will leave a bit early because we are scheduled to meet Alli's teacher at 8:15. I'm excited to hear what she thinks about Alli's progress in school. Academically, she's great. I already know that. But I'd love to know how she's doing socially. I want to make sure she's sharing and getting along with others. Alli makes it sound like she's got lots of friends, but we'll see what the teacher says.

Tomorrow I have to pack for Gatlinburg. I'll need to pack for myself and the girls. That needs to be done before I meet with the District Treasurer. She wants to talk about my pay. I'm nervous about that. Then I head to conferences, again, until 8:00.

Wednesday morning is dialysis again and then we'll leave for Gatlinburg when I get off. I hope the ride is relaxing, but I've never been in a car for 6 hours with a 5 year old and a newborn. Anna usually falls asleep in the car. Let's hope.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing week in Gatlinburg. I hope it will be, at least. There will be so many people there willing to take care of Anna and Alli if I need a nap or something. Jason thinks the grandparents will offer to watch the girls so we can go out one night. Not sure about that. I think they will want to go out with us. Fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time on your trip! My mom and I went to Michigan last weekend to visit her aunts. It is amazing how much you have to pack for TWO kids! Are you sure your car is big enough for everything?! McKinley did fabulous the entire car ride there and back - thank goodness! She just slept crappy while we were there. I hope Anna sleeps for you. At least she has big sister Alli to help keep her happy in the back seat!

    ReplyDelete