"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Real Vacation

On Monday, Brenda gave me the address of the place I'm going to dialyize in Gatlinburg. Today's the day we leave. I still haven't convinced myself that we're really going. I still have "Florida" on my mind. But now that I'm not pregnant my options are a little different. If I go and don't get dialyzed then I'll probably feel kind of crappy, but I won't die. I could always ask them to take off an extra kilo today and not be too worried about it all.

But, I'm assuming everything will be okay when we get there. I'm scheduled for 11:45 am on Saturday. So, I'll miss the afternoon fun, but be back in time for dinner. It should all be fine.

Treasurer Meeting

I had to meet with the District's treasurer yesterday to discuss my pay. I was a nervous wreck. I didn't sleep the night before and had a terrible stomach ache all morning until I saw her. And there was no reason to be upset. She just showed me what my pay would be for each paycheck for the rest of the year. And my insurance is fine...no need to worry. I accumulate 1 1/4 sick days a month, so I will only need to take 2 3/4 unpaid days a month for dialysis. Could be alot worse. She said that if I get a little bought of something and need to take a couple of days off then I'll need to write a letter to the School Board requesting unpaid time. But let's keep our fingers crossed that that won't happen!

1 comment:

  1. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving vacation. I am very happy to hear that you will be able to get away.

    Praying and thinking of you all the time.

    Love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete