"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stupid Arm

I hate my fistula. It sounds great...that's what everyone keeps saying. But the pressure is too high. And it's always high, so it's not just a bad stick that's causing a problem. So the doctor wants me to have it "ballooned" again. That's tomorrow. He said that if it doesn't work this time then I'll have to see the surgeon again. I'm not sure what that means...fix it, take it out, replace it with a graft? I do know one thing. Last time I had it done I could feel everything they did. I was given some medicine for the pain, but it didn't work. I was also supposed to get some medicine that sort of makes you forget what happened. Obviously, I still remember. And they didn't give me any pain medicine when I left. I need to make sure they know I was uncomfortable last time.

Sleeping Beauty

We fed Anna at 6:30 last night and she fell asleep around 8:30. She didn't wake up to eat again until 4:30! It was amazing! I'd love to think that this will continue...but I know better. Alli slept the whole night once and then it took several months for her to do it again. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment