"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

My lungs sound good, says the nurse. My cough sounds terrible. It's just a cold, no big deal. It's just irritating.

A Few Days Off

Yesterday was our last of school before break. I know I haven't been working much this year, but I'm as excited as everyone else to get a break. I still had to get up early this morning, but tomorrow I get to sleep in. I don't remember the last time I got to sleep in.

Since Christmas is on a Saturday my dialysis schedule is different this week. They are open on Sunday instead of Saturday. Same thing for New Year's Day.

No Word Yet

Jason called the hospital yesterday to see if there is any word on our tests. The lady told him that it's going to be one more week. My worry is that they will be taking next week off and we won't hear anything for a while longer. But when Jason told her that he wanted to use this as my Christmas present, she said she'd make a call and try to "light a fire." She said she'd try to call today. I think Jason and my friend from work are more anxious than I am. Can you imagine if we found out we had a match right before Christmas. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment