"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Time and Meds Adjusted

My blood pressure has been really high. When I came in on Tuesday it was 200/115. So the nurse told me to say something to the doctor. I did and he decided to double both of my blood pressure medicines. And I think it's working. The past few days I would say that I don't feel wound quite so tight. And I haven't had a headache in a few days. Who knew that your kidneys had so much effect on your blood pressure?

One test that they do monthly is to test for the bad stuff in my blood BEFORE treatment and then again AFTER treatment. Then they find a percentage that represents how clean my blood got. It's called the URR. It needs to be above 65%. Mine was 75% this month which means my treatments are working well. So they decided to lower my time from 4 hours 15 minutes to just 4 hours. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it's enough that I'm not as rushed getting to school on time.

Good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hoo boy, that's a high BP. I'm surprised your head wasn't pounding more.

    ReplyDelete