"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Moving Right Along

I have an appointment to have some more blood drawn at Christ. A lady at work, a wonderful, kind lady, has made an appointment to see if we are compatible. She was told over the phone that if we aren't a perfect match then there are lots of medications that I could take to prevent rejection. I'm so excited!

Also, Jason got a call. The coordinator wants to talk to him about the next step in transplant. He's going to try to get an appointment on Monday or Tuesday. I think that we have to have our blood drawn within 24 hours of each other. I'm nervous about him trying to donate. I know that we'll both need help after the surgery. My parents said they'd take the girls for us while we recover. And I'm SURE there are tons of people who would come sit with the two of us. But, I worry. Of course I do...I've always been a worrier.

Bye-Bye Social Worker

I got a letter from my social worker today. It said that "it would be in both of our best interest" if she no longer handled my case. You think! I tried to request the other lady for this trip anyway. Not sure why I was stuck with this one again. Thank goodness!

Lost

I think I lost my phone. I can't find it anywhere. I feel so lost. Most of my doctors have my cell number. Hope they'll try my home number, too.

Blood Pressure

My pressure has been crazy high, so my doctors increased one of my meds. When I came in today it was much better. And it's only been one day of the increased meds. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment