"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh, This Cough!

Generally I'm feeling good. But this cough is killing me! I normally get a cough at the end of a cold, but this time the cough came on its own. I'm sleeping alright which is odd. But when I'm awake I'm a mess. They are looking at me here in dialysis like I'm dying. Sure hope not.

No Need To Rush

Today will be the first day that I have to run from dialysis in Delhi to school. But since I'm on an hour earlier, and since they are still running me on my catheter, I won't have to feel as rushed. In fact, since I have to take a half day off of work anyway, I'll have time to go home and take a shower before I head in. Normally I take a shower before I go to dialysis. But that would mean I'd have to get up at 5:00 am, and that's not going to happen!

Lots of Weight...For Me

I gained alot of weight this weekend. For me, anyway. I gained 2.5 kilos (5.5 pounds) over three days. I could tell by the way my jeans were fitting. I also woke up with terrible bags under my eyes today. Every time I got a tickle in my throat I had to take a drink. I had a hard time watching my fluid intake.

Over Two Weeks

It's been just over two weeks since Jason and my friend at work were tested. We're supposed to hear something in two to three weeks. She promised to call me when she hears something. I told her to call at ANY time. I sorta hope it's Jason that's a match. That way we don't have to inconvenience anyone else's family. It'll be a rough summer for us. But it's been a rough year, so what the heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment