"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dialysis Day 37

Contractions?

Okay, maybe not PLURAL, but I had one contraction yesterday at the end of my treatment. I didn't feel it and no one was worried about it. I wonder if I've had any others. When they monitor the baby's heart beat they also have me on a monitor for contractions. We'll see what happens today.

Lowering my dry weight.

Yesterday the doctor decided that the way to fix my breathing problem is to lower my dry weight. The nurses and techs are still a little worried about this. The tech asked me today if I wanted to go down to 62.5 or stay at 63. I don't know! Aren't they supposed to decide that for me? I told him to keep me at 63 today and we can go for 62.5 on Monday. They aren't usually worried if I leave within 0.5 kilos of my dry weight, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment