"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dialysis Day 49

Much Better

My breathing was good last night. I'm not sure if it's because they took off the right amount of fluid or because I took some benadryl before I went to bed. Either way, I slept well and that's a good thing!

My blood pressure was really good this morning. It hasn't been good in a long time. But my heart rate is still really high. They put me on a heart monitor this morning. My nephrologist said he doesn't want me on a beta blocker because I'm pregnant. I have a feeling they'll call him today to tell him about my heart rate again.

Oprah

I don't know if anyone was watching Oprah yesterday, but they did a show on diabetes. There was a lady who was a nurse who had one leg and the other foot amputated. When Dr. Oz was talking to her in her hospital room she was on dialysis. She had a catheter in her arm like I do. I wanted to call everyone I know to turn Oprah on so they could see the machine and see someone on dialysis. I have heard that you can search the Internet for video of people on dialysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment