"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, July 26, 2010

Dialysis Day 53

Fluid

I think I did pretty well restricting my fluid this weekend. I had a day off, so I gained 2.2 kilos (4.84 pounds). I had a little bit of trouble breathing last night, but nothing like before. I think that restricting the fluid is the solution. I'm hoping that over time they'll let me gain some weight, though. I'm eating alot more than I was before. I have to say, it's not because I'm more hungry than before. I'm forcing myself to eat more meat and take in more calories. It's hard! The food has no place to go since my stomach is so small.

Protein

I'm increasing my protein. My new favorite thing to have for dinner is a hamburger with no bun. Jason thinks it's funny that I don't eat the bun and I don't get cheese and veggies that he prefers. The thing is, if there is lots of "stuff" on the burger then I get full fast. Then I eat less meat. So, a plain beef patty with a slice of tomato and maybe some mayo is the way to go. I also have to work on eating the protein before I eat the side dishes. Side dishes have always been my downfall.

Transplant Meeting

Our meeting with the transplant team is today at 1:30. Thanks, Jill, for taking Alli for the afternoon. My mom and dad are joining Jason and I. I'm happy about that. I'm not really good at relaying info from doctors to my parents. Of course, they are always interested in every aspect of my doctors appointments. I can't blame them. Plus, my dad always comes up with good questions that I don't think of until afterwards.

I'm excited to have this meeting. It's been a long time coming. I know that there are several people who have volunteered to be tested who have questions. I hope to be able to answer those questions soon. I want to get a complete list together of people who are willing to be tested. So, please email me at stauke2000@yahoo.com if you want to be on my list. I'll just need your name and phone number so I can give those to the team. Remember, my insurance will pay for all tests and the surgery itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment