"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dialysis Day 40

Yet another new OB nurse.

I don't think that anyone told her what she's gotten herself into today. She seems completely clueless. She stood around for 10 minutes waiting for someone to bring her a chair after I told her she'd have to get one herself. She has bumped into my legs/feet several times. She brought NOTHING with her to work on while we're here...for four hours! Right now she's staring at the monitor. She's been trying to talk to me for a while, too. I have headphones in, so I think she's getting the idea that I don't want to talk. It's going to be a long day...for her and for me!

Pain on my side?

I left yesterday feeling good, again. And I felt okay until about 3:00 when I started feeling pain in my side again. But, I realized that I hadn't taken my Prednisone since I had to get the prescription refilled. So, I took my regular dose plus 10 mg and the pain went away. I'm feeling really good today! I have tomorrow off, so we'll see how it goes.

OB appointment.

I have an OB appointment this afternoon. I worked out the conflict and moved the Echo to Friday. Jason is not coming to this OB appointment. There's no ultrasound and last time they did nothing but ask if anything had changed. I think we'll probably talk about my weight (which is unchanged or lower than last time). They will measure my stomach to make sure that I'm measuring at 25 weeks 5 days. Maybe they'll listen for the heartbeat. That's getting really old. I have another ultrasound scheduled for two weeks from now.

...Nurse is still staring at the monitor and she's hit my legs three more times since I wrote about her last...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it! I had to sit at the lab for 4 hours last weekend for the glucose test and I thought I was going to go crazy. I don't know if I could sit there 5 times a week. You are much stronger than you think - and your little girl is definitely a fighter!

    ReplyDelete