"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dialysis Day 60

No Sleep Again

At least I wasn't throwing up. But I had a terrible time breathing again. I feel out of breath when I do something as simple as walk to the bathroom or roll over in bed. It feels like I'm running a marathon! I'm wondering if it has to do with my elevated heart rate. It's been in the 120's for a while now. The doctor said he can't give me any meds for it since I'm pregnant.

So, this morning I'm on lots of monitors. First, the two tubes to the dialysis machine. Then one for oxygen, the tube for the blood pressure cuff, three cords for my heart monitor, a tube to measure my blood oxygen and two cords to monitor the baby's heart rate and contractions.

Speaking of Contractions

I'm having them, still. I have more during dialysis than when I'm home. They are not consistent and don't really hurt. It just feels like the baby is balling up in my stomach. I get an ultrasound and see the OB today. I'm wondering if they will do an exam to see if I'm dilated. I might ask them to just in case since I keep having the contractions.

Insulin

I started my insulin shots yesterday. I was scared until I did it. The needle is so small. It's thin and short. I did feel a little funny doing it all in the car in Breugger's parking lot. I guess it worked. I ate a bagel and my sugar was within normal range when I was done. Good deal.

Echo Yesterday

My echo yesterday looked good. It was a different doctor that read the ultrasound, so two doctors think things look good. I have two more echos (two weeks and four weeks from now). As long as things look good during these two appointments then we can stop with the appointments. Fewer appointments...I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I think the shortness of breath just comes from being pregnant - especially in this heat! It's not just you - I've been bad lately, too.

    So, did you feel like a druggie giving yourself a shot in the parking lot? But hey - you gotta do what you gotta do!

    So glad to hear the good news from the echo and the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete