"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Eleven Days Later

Anna was 11 days old yesterday. She is only one ounce above her birth weight, but they tell me that being over her birth weight at all under 2 weeks is good! She is getting off of the donor breast milk and onto 100% formula. This is a good thing, too. The formula is much thicker and will keep her satisfied longer. Each time they feed her they check to see if there is any milk remaining in her stomach. Fortunately she's digesting it all. And if she's anything like her big sister she'd eat all day long!

Alli and I decorated Anna's bulletin board last night. I have a picture and I'll post it soon. Alli thought that was fun.

Yesterday was a little more relaxing than other days. I got Alli up and dropped her off at school. I came home for a 2 hour nap, got ready and saw Anna at the hospital. I was able to go to the craft store, visit my grandpa at lunch, and stop at Kroger before picking Alli up at school again. We went back up to the hospital again and then had dinner at Dewey's. I don't remember the last time the three of us had dinner together...it was nice!

I'm meeting a friend or two at the NICU after dialysis today and that's the only plan I've got. Jason and Alli are in Dayton at a baby shower and I will get some more time to relax. Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment