"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Test? Right!

They called it a test...I'd call it a procedure. They stuck a small catheter in my back and in the fluid around my lungs and drained as much as they could. I thought they would only take a small amount and send it to the lab to get tested. But they drained a BUNCH of fluid. It was around 700 mLs. For those of us not into the metric system, 1 oz = 30 mL. 700 mLs is just about 24 ounces. That's two cans of soda! And I'll do the math for you...that's about 1.54 pounds of fluid! I couldn't believe it.

So the bottle of slightly yellow fluid goes to the lab and I wait to see when I can go home. The nurse said she had "lots of things to do" but would check into it as soon as possible. Don't make me get mean!

I've been posting alot about my feelings lately and lots of you have commented on being worried about me. I really do feel like I'm emotionally feeling much better. I'm bonding with Anna more than I first thought I'd be able to. I've never been much on talking on the phone, so if I don't call you back please don't be offended. I've been trying to sleep as much as I can while I'm here at the hospital and I'm sure I will see everyone very soon.

I can't wait to see Alli at home today!

1 comment: