"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch



Monday, August 9, 2010

Dialysis Day 63

Sleep Much?

Nope. Not me. They raised my dry weight on Saturday. One doctor wants to raise it half a kilo every week. The other doctor wasn't too sure about it. And this weekend when they did raise it I couldn't breath and my feet and ankles swelled. I asked them to bring me back down today. We'll see how it goes.

Machine Trouble

It's not my lucky day today. The first machine they tried me on wouldn't start up. So I was moved to another machine. They started me on it and it wouldn't return my blood. Next we had to take 20 minutes to change out the system. They finally got me going an hour after I was supposed to be on. So frustrating. But I can really feel the fluid coming off. I hope I feel better tonight.

Nobody seems to be in much of a hurry today. All five of us in the Pod got on late today. I'd imagine that puts everyone behind for the rest of the day.

OB Nurse

She just got up and ran away. When she returned she said she's not feeling well. Great, another puker.

No comments:

Post a Comment